Situated in the east of South Africa bordering Mozambique, the world renowned Kruger National Park, along with neighbouring private game reserves, offers arguably the country’s best game viewing. There is an immense variety of animal life including the big five, many species of antelope and other game and abundant bird life. There is a wide choice of accommodation from tented camps to some seriously luxurious safari lodges and, in addition to seeking out the wonderful wildlife on open game vehicles with an expert guide, there is the chance to have some unforgettable experiences such as walking safaris and treetop sleepouts.
Outside the reserves Mpumalanga province is well known for its scenic beauty and is a rich cultural heartland of the local Ndebele and Swazi cultures. The popular Panorama Route is a scenic meander taking in beautiful views, mountains, waterfalls and the spectacular Blyde River Canyon and the area’s many attractions and activities include hot air balloon trips, walking with elephants, helicopter flights and the pretty gold-mining town of Pilgrim’s Rest which has been reconstructed as a living museum.
- Visit the Sabi Sand Game Reserve to enjoy the best Leopard sightings in Africa Travel
- Enjoy a tour of The Panorama Route, seeing the sights of God’s Window, Blyde River Canyon and Three Rondavels, as well as the historic gold minring town of Pilgrim’s Rest
- Take a walking safari at Pafuri Camp in the very North of the Park
- Become your own guide for the day with a self-drive trip through the National Park
- Enjoy a bush dinner from your lodge, a chance to take dinner under the stars in the middle of the bush