Affectionately referred to as KZN is often overlooked as a destination, however is a "world in one country” in itself! This subtropical province is flanked by the majestic Drakensberg Mountains to the west, lapped by the warm Indian Ocean with unspoilt beaches to the east, with Mozambique to the north.
It’s a unique blend of sophistication, cultural diversity and excitement – in the most breath-taking setting imaginable includes two world heritage sites -the mountainous 'Barrier of Spears' uKhahlamba-Drakensberg Park World Heritage Site, adorned with Stone Age cave paintings, and iSimangaliso (Greater St Lucia) Wetland Park World Heritage Site. With some of the best Big 5 game reserves, KZN boasts having the oldest proclaimed game reserve in South Africa – the Hluhluwe-Umfolozi Game Reserve. The historic Battlefields, the rich Zulu and timeless Indian cultures, warm climate and endless beaches make it an irresistible destination.
Durban is the gateway, a vibrant city and holiday resort, firmly placed on any acclaimed surfers itinerary and famous for outstanding curry restaurants.
- Take a guided tour of the battlefields of Isandlwana and Rorke’s Drift
- Enjoy a walk in the stunning Drakensberg Mountains
- Visit the charming craft shops of the Midland’s Meander
- Spend an evening tracking turtle on the beaches around Thonga Beach Lodge
- See the elusive Black Rhino in the Hluhluwe-Imfolozi National Park