The people who know people
We love Africa. We love everything about it, from the deep red of the earth to the smell of the forests after rain, and the vast peace of an African morning to the shrill bark of a hyena at night. We love its colours, textures, sights and of course, its people.
For Africa is not just one place, Africa is a collection of some of the most amazing countries and cultures on earth - which is why we are devoted to the place. We all know it, love it and want to share it with you, and that is what Africa Travel DMC is all about.
Africa Travel DMC is not just an office or a website. Africa Travel DMC is composed of a group of people whose passion and job it is to ensure that you have the best African experience anyone can offer you. Our enthusiasm and thorough knowledge of Africa also means we know the right people on the ground to make your holiday that much more special;
- If you want the best table in Cape Town's top restaurant, we know it and will book it for you.
- If you want to play golf on South Africa's best course, we will reserve your tee-off time.
- If you want to quad-bike for miles across the Botswana desert, we can take you there.
- If you want a wine-tasting tour by Harley-Davidson, we will organise it.
- If you want to enjoy an elephant-back safari, we know the right jumbo.
- If you want to consult with a traditional Zulu healer, we will send him to you.
- If you want to canoe down the Zambezi, we know the best stretch of the river.
- If you want to go on safari with South Africa's last Master Tracker, we will book him for you.
- If you want to go cage diving with sharks, we will hire the boat.
- If you want to sleep out under the stars, we know just the place.
As industry insiders, we can offer our vast network of connections to travel agents to offer unique experiences to their clients at the best rates. We'll arm you with key selling points and anecdotes that will help you close the sale.
Many companies claim true specialisation, but very few actually deliver it. Our team at Africa Travel DMC were all either born in Africa, live in Africa or have been visiting and selling Africa for many years, and their collective knowledge and experience really is unrivalled. From knowing the best safari guide in Zambia, or the safari lodge in Botswana with the finest views of the Okavango Delta, to being able to suggest the most family-friendly resort in Zimbabwe, or securing a table at Cape Town's number one restaurant, our staff's expertise really does leave others in the shade.
Christine Klerck Manager/Consultant
'Our man in Africa', Christine fell in love with Africa 25 years ago when she first visited South Africa. She has such a passion for the country that she made Cape Town her home many years ago and has eagerly promoted the continent ever since. She joined Africa Travel DMC in 2008 and is now heading the Cape Town office, where she has her finger very much on the pulse of what is hip and hot. Some of her favourite places are the beaches of the Garden Route and the more remote areas of the Cederberg and Drakensberg Mountains and, aside from discovering more of her adopted homeland with her husband and two sons, she also enjoys horse-riding.